Business and Management
Submitted By fghjdksl
Session 10: System Architecture
1. Jesse wants me to recommend a vendor who offers an ERP strategy. I need to review the SAP and Oracle Web sites, and at least two others that offer ERP solutions, and reply to her with the results and the reasons for my recommendations.
2. Visit SCR's data library to review SCR's network configuration and then send Jesse a recommendation for the TIMS system architecture. She wants me to suggest an overall client/server design, number of tiers, and network topology. She also asked me to comment on these issues: legacy data, Web-centricity, scalability, security, and batch processing that might be needed. Jesse said it was OK to make reasonable assumptions in my proposal to her.
3. Perform research on the Internet to learn more about TCO, and develop a TCO checklist that includes the five most important elements of TCO, because of their magnitude or potential impact on TIMS.
4. Prepare a design specification as Jesse requested. * Management summary * System components * System environment * Implementation requirements * Time and cost estimates * Additional materials http://www.justanswer.com/essays/75ixe-ra-201.html http://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/tasks-system-architecture-tasks-jesse-wants-recommend-vendor-offers-erp-strategy-need-revi-q1683447
Chapter 10 Exercise
1. This chapter begins with an architecture checklist. If you had to rank the items, from most important to least important, what would your list look like? Explain your answer. * Initial and total cost of ownership (tco) * Legacy system interface requirements * Enterprise resource planning (erp) * Processing option * Web integration * Security issues * Scalability * Corporate organization and culture * Corporate portals *
4. Describe client/server…...