Free Essay

Reading

In: Other Topics

Submitted By yiwenywl
Words 11872
Pages 48
150
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Reading comic books is bad for children. Use specific details and examples to support your answer.

I disagree with this statement. Children can learn something from comic books. So, as long as children don’t spend too much time reading comic books, comic books could be good for them. I think reading books is good for children, but some children don’t like reading books. However, some of these children like reading comic books. It would be difficult for children who are not accustomed to reading texts to start reading books. But, once they come to like reading comic books, it would be a bit easier for them to start reading books. I mean, comic books could help children start reading un-comic books. So, I disagree with this statement. (111 words)

I disagree with this statement. Children can learn something from comic books. So, as long as children don’t spend too much time reading comic books, comic books could be good for them. I think reading books is good for children, but some children don’t like reading books. However, some of these children like reading comic books. It would be difficult for children who are not accustomed to reading texts to start reading books. But, once they come to like reading comic books, it would be a bit easier for them to start reading regular books. I mean, comic books could help children start reading un-comic text-based books. So, I disagree with this statement.

I agree with the statement. First, there are many drawings in comic books, so children come to gain information from drawings. This means that they can’t have their own imagination about the characters in the book because the features of the characters have been already drawn. Therefore, they may become bad at getting information only from words. Moreover, in comic books, there are only lines and imitative words. Unlike other types of books such as novels, essays, and editorials, the relation between sentences is not clear. Children can’t not only learn correct grammar of Japanese, but also enjoy good points of Japanese passages. In conclusion, I think reading comic books has bad effects on children. (115words)

I agree with the statement. First, there are many drawings in comic books, so children come to gain may get in an/the undesirable habit of gaining等も良い。information from the drawings alone. This means that they can’t have 寧ろuse (have their own image等ならhaveが妥当。) their own imagination about the characters in the book because the features of the characters have been already drawn. Therefore, they may become bad at getting information only from words. Moreover, in comic books, there are only lines and imitative words. Unlike other types of books writing such as novels, essays, and editorials, the relation between sentences is not clear. Children can’t not only can neither learn correct grammar of Japanese, but also nor enjoy good points of the elegance of/found in well written Japanese passages. In conclusion, I think reading comic books has bad effects on children.

I disagree with this statement. Reading comic books is not usually a time wasting. By reading them, you are able to image beyond your ability. In comic books, clearly there is often something incredible in a real world or which you don't think about, so they help you to think beyond yourself.
For example, when you read a comic book which is drawn about an adventure in space, even if you have not been there, you can image about the place.
Certainly, it is not good very much that you spend all the time reading them, but, therefore, they are worthy to be read with a part of your time shared. (113 words)
(青谷コメント:このファイルは日本・世界中の全ての人に公開していますので、これは公開コメントですが、この様な作文を書く人が京大に入学出来る日本は本当に情けないです。東大はもう少しはましな筈ですが、大幅に凄い訳も有りませんし、日本全体がまったく駄目です。更に大学教育全体が、先進国の中でも最低と言う状態=「先進47経済圏で47位」で、世界に迷惑を掛け続ける日本。僕が死ぬまでに何かが変わる可能性は有るのか?個人レベルでは、変える努力を続け続けるとは思いますが...)

I don’t deny that comic books have negative impacts on children, such as keeping them away from reading books, and declining their reading skills. However, I believe that comic books also have positive impacts on them. For instance, comic books about history make easier for them to remember what happened in the past and thus, they might find it interesting and learn it more eagerly. Moreover, recently I often hear that foreigners, especially children, like Japan because they read some Japanese comic books and got interested in Japanese cultures. This means comic books give children opportunities to know other country’s culture or new things, and I think it is very good for them. Thus, I disagree with the statement. (119 words)

I don’t deny that comic books have negative impacts on children, such as keeping them away from reading regular books, and declining (他動詞のdeclineは普通は「断る」の意。) 例えばand hence blocking normal development of their reading skills their reading skills. However, I believe that comic books also have positive impacts on them特に要らない。. For instance, comic books about history make it easier for them to remember what happened in the past, and thus, they might find it interesting and learn it more eagerly. Moreover, recently I often hear that foreigners, especially children, like Japan because they read some Japanese comic books and got interested in Japanese cultures. This means comic books give children opportunities to [know other country’s countries' cultures or new things](learn about different cultures and other new thingsくらいが流れ的にも良いと思いますが。), and I think it is very good for them. Thus, I disagree with the statement.

I agree with the statement. In Japan people should try the entrance examinations before they enter high schools, universities or colleges.
Japanese is also examined. But they cannot improve their abilities of
Japanese just because they study it. This is because their abilities of
Japanese are formed during their childhood. The ability of Japanese is to imagine the scene when they read sentences. So, children should train to imagine what the sentences say without any pictures. Parents who have children should try to read many books to their children, too. If children get accustomed to reading comic books, they cannot have any chance to imagine the scene by their own efforts. (111 words)

I agree with the statement. In Japan people should try take the (日本人が相手なら、「例のあの入試と言う代物」と言う感じで、theかも知れませんが、普通は要らないでしょう。) entrance examinations before they enter high schools, universities, or colleges.
Japanese is also examined. But they cannot improve their abilities of Japanese just because they study by studying it. This is because their abilities of Japanese are formed during their childhood. The ability of Japanese is to imagine the scene when they read sentences. So, children should train to imagine what the sentences say without any pictures. Parents who have children should try to read many books to their children, too. If children get accustomed to reading comic books, they cannot have any chance to imagine the scene by their own efforts.

I disagree with this idea, because reading comic books do children more good than harm. It is true that it is bad to do nothing but read them, but most children don't do that. Moreover, there are many kinds of comic books, such as amusing or educative ones. They can read amusing or exciting stories for a change when they are depressed or sad and can learn about history or culture by comic books about them. When they are small, you often find it difficult to teach them history or culture, but
I'm sure that comic books help children get interested in them more effectively. (105 words)

I disagree with this idea, because reading comic books do children more good than harm. It is true that it is bad to do nothing but read them, but most children don't do that. Moreover, there are many kinds of comic books, such as amusing or educative ones. They can read amusing or exciting stories for a change when they are depressed or sad and can learn about history or culture by from comic books about them. When they are small, you often find it difficult to teach them history or culture, but I'm sure that comic books help children get interested in them more effectively.

I completely disagree with the statement, mainly because I think comic books are sometimes very beneficial to early education.
First of all, comic books teaches children a large variety of expressions and idioms. Secondly, there're a lot of instructive comics which are nice for mental education, like Tezuka-sensei's ones.
Thirdly, on the contrary to popular belief, I maintain comic books discourage children from committing a crime. This is because there is always an unwritten code in comic books, that is "good guys will win and the evil will perish at the end."
Therefore, I believe comic books do less harm than good for children.

I completely disagree with the statement, mainly because I think comic books are sometimes very beneficial to early education.
First of all, comic books teaches children a large variety of expressions and idioms. Secondly, there're a lot of instructive comics which are nice good/effective for mental education mental development(精神的成長)、moral education(道徳教育)等, like Tezuka-sensei's ones.
Thirdly, on the トル contrary to popular belief, I maintain comic books discourage children from committing a crime. This is because there is always an unwritten code in comic books, that is "good guys will win and the evil will perish at in the end."(絶対的ではないが、at the endは物理的・時間的最後、in the endは、ついに・最後には・結局のニュアンス。)
Therefore, I believe comic books do less harm than good for children.

I disagree with the opinion that reading comic books is bad for children. Some people say as most comic books include violence, children become violent by reading comic books. But I think this is false. Even though children are not matured enough, they already know what is real or unreal by the time they get to read comic books. So it is unlikely that children become violent by reading comic books. On the contrary, comic books give dreams to children. For example, a famous soccer player Zinedine Zidane is a big fun of “Captain Tsubasa”, one of Japanese comic books. It is said that “Captain Tsubasa” made Zidane want to be a soccer player. (114 words)

I disagree with the opinion that reading comic books is bad for children. Some people say as most comic books include violence, 移動 children become violent by reading comic books as most comic books include violence. But I think this is false. Even though children are not matured enough fully matured(=完全に大人ではないが)??(enoughのニュアンスは~するのに十分ではない。not fully maturedなら、大人ではない。尤も。childrenと言っていながら、enoughだろうがfullyだろうがmaturityの話を態々重複して持ち出すのは少し居心地が悪い気もします。), they already know what is real or unreal by the time they get to read comic books. So it is unlikely that children become violent by reading comic books. On the contrary, comic books give dreams to children. For example, a famous soccer player Zinedine Zidane is a big fun of “Captain Tsubasa”, one of Japanese comic books又はstories. It is said that “Captain Tsubasa” made Zidane want to be a soccer player.

In a sense, reading comic books may not be so good for children because it may take time away from activities, such as studying and playing sports. According to a survey, children who spend a lot of time reading comic books are more likely to develop depression in the future. Also, some people complain that children may be affected by violent or sexual scenes found in some comic books and that it can lead to juvenile crimes. In my opinion, however, reading comic books in itself is not harmful to children. Moreover, comic books are now an important part of Japanese culture, and most of them are wholesome. Therefore, reading comic books is not bad unless children indulge in it to excess. (122 words)

In a sense, reading comic books may not be so good for children because it may take time away from activities, such such activities (other activities such as studying and playing sportsでもsuch activities asでも構いませんが、from activitiesはawkward。) as studying and playing sports. According to a survey, children who spend a lot of time reading comic books are more likely to develop depression in the future. Also, some people complain that children may be affected by violent or sexual scenes found in some comic books and that it can lead to juvenile crimes. In my opinion, however, reading comic books in itself is not harmful to children. Moreover, comic books are now an important part of Japanese culture, and most of them are wholesome. Therefore, reading comic books is not bad unless children indulge in it to excess.

Certainly, reading only comic books is noneducational for children. In fact, I read many comic books and a little literature. So I am poor at solving questions of japanese and always got low score on its test.
However, I learned a lot of difficult words and artistic quality because some of the comic artists choose their words with care and draw illustrations as if they were works of art.
So I can't say, "Reading comic books is always noneducational for children." I think the most important thing is how to use them. This can be applied to everything. We can learn a lot of education from even a trivial matter. (110 words)

Certainly, reading only comic books is noneducational for children (noneducationalと言う言葉は多くの辞書には無いので、is not good for children from an educational point of view等の方が良いでしょう。). In fact, I read many comic books and a little literature. So I am poor at solving questions of japanese on a Japanese test and always got a low score on its test.
However, I learned a lot of difficult words and how to appreciate artistic quality because some of the comic artists choose their words with care and draw illustrations as if they were works of art.
So I can't say, "Reading comic books is always noneducational for children." I think the most important thing is how to use them. This can be applied appliesの方が普通。to everything. We can learn a lot of education トル from even a even from a seemingly trivial matter.

I do not agree or disagree with this view because I think that reading comic books has good and bad points.
The bad point is that children cannot develop their imagination by reading comic books. There are so many pictures in comic books that they can understand the story without thoughts.
On the contrary, the good point is that some comic books can impress children very much. Some good comic books have important theme and teach children significant things like friendship, effort, victory and so on. Children can learn them easily because comic books are not difficult to understand.
For two points, I think that reading comic books cannot be judged whether it is good for children or not. (119 words)

I do not agree or disagree (I neither agree nor disagreeの方がcleanかも知れない。) with this view because I think that reading comic books has good and bad points.
The bad point is that children cannot develop their imagination by reading comic books. There are so many pictures in comic books that they can understand the story without thoughts.
On the contrary, the good point is that some comic books can impress children very much. Some good comic books have important themes and teach children significant things like friendship, effort, victory and so on. Children can learn them easily because comic books are not difficult to understand.
For two points these two reasonsとかBecause of these two pointsとか。何れにせよ、冠詞無しでtwo pointsは間違い。更に、reasonsに比してpointsはawkward。, I think that reading comic books cannot be I don't think we can judged whether it reading comic books is good for children or not.

I disagree with the statement, I think reading comic books itself don’t have a bad effect on children. In fact, you can use them as effective textbook on imagination if you use them well. Comic have illustration in addition to the text, so you can get more vivid images about themes and you can extend them by using your own imagination. When I was an elementary school student, I read some comic books about Japanese history. This still help me to imagine atmosphere of the old age when I study Japanese history. It is true that reading too many comic books deprive us of time to study, but reading moderate comic books may help you to study. (117 words)

I disagree with the statement, I think reading comic books itself don’t doesn't have a bad effect on children. In fact, you can use them as effective textbooks on cultivating imagination if you use them well correctly. Comics have illustrations in addition to the text, so you can get more vivid images about the themes and you can extend them by using your own imagination. When I was an elementary school student, I read some comic books about Japanese history. This still helps又はis still helping me to imagine the atmosphere of the old age when I study Japanese history. It is true that reading too many comic books deprive us of time to study, but reading moderate comic books in moderation (moderate comic booksとは穏健な感じの、つまり革命を促す等々の内容ではない、漫画本の事。因みに適度の飲酒はdrinking in moderationと言う。逆はin excess) may help you to study. 全体にs抜けが多過ぎる。

I can’t agree with this statement entirely. That’s because reading comic books sometimes gives children interesting information. For example, reading comic books about history gives them much historical knowledge. In addition to that, studying something is sometimes hard work for children, but they may study many things pleasantly by reading comic books. And there are many comic books on many fields of the natural sciences and the humanities in a bookstore. Of course many of them are not dealing with such fields. And I disagree with wasting many hours reading comic books of that kind, but I think reading comic books is not necessarily bad for children. (107 words)

I can’t agree with this statement entirely. That’s because reading comic books sometimes gives children interesting information. For example, reading comic books about history gives them much historical knowledge. In addition to that, studying something is sometimes hard work for children, but they may study many things pleasantly (絶対駄目だとも思いませんが。)study many things more easilyとかenjoy studying many thingsとかmay study many things with interestとか by reading comic books. And there are many comic books on many fields in many fieldsかon many subjects/topics of the natural sciences and the humanities in a bookstore the bookstoreかbookstores. Of course many of them are not dealing with such fields topics/subjectsの方が良い。. And I disagree with wasting many hours reading comic books of that kind, but I think reading comic books is not necessarily bad for children I do not think reading comic books is necessarily bad for children.等の方が良いとされて居る。厳密には意味が違うかも知れないが。.

I disagree about the idea, because there are many comic books that let children know much information about the topic. To write comic books, authors today study very hard and think seriously about the topic, and so their comic books are full of much useful information. When children read these good comic books, they enjoy themselves reading them and studying about the topic without taking annoying efforts. Therefore, unlike children who are made to study by their parents and so feel reluctant to study, children who enjoy reading these good comic books start to store information willingly. That’s why reading comic books cannot be said to do children harm. (109words)

I disagree about with/to the idea, because there are many comic books that let children know get/gain much information about the topic their themes. To write comic books, authors today study very hard and think seriously about the topic, and so their comic books are full of much very (日本語では豊富な情報が溢れている等も言えるかも知れないが、fullとmuchのcombinationは英語では変。) useful information. When children read these good comic books, they enjoy themselves reading them and studying about the topic without taking (ドアホ!ちゃんと調べろて言うてるやろ!受験以下の間違いをするな!take effortは、It takes a lot of effort to achieve it.の様に使うのが正しい使い方。) making annoying efforts. Therefore, unlike children who are made to study by their parents and so feel reluctant to study, children who enjoy reading these good comic books start to store information willingly. That’s why we cannot say/I don't think 等 reading comic books cannot be said to do does children harm.(文法的な問題は無くても、こう言うもって回った言い方を殆どしない。ところで、essayの書き方のstrategyとしては、does children much harmの方が良いかも知れない。ある種の婉曲法。まあ、これは好みの問題。多分。)

I disagree with the view that reading comic books is bad for children. I think Japanese cartoons are a part of our culture. While there are many bad comic books, there are also many masterpieces.
For example, we all know Doraemon, a Japanese cartoon. When we were children, most of us watched Doraemon on TV and read the cartoon. Doraemon is a part of our childhood memory and it still remains in our heart.
Good comic books teach us about friendship, family love and so on. And those lessons sometimes help us even when we grow up.
So I think we cannot say that reading comic books is always bad for children. (112 words)

I disagree with the view that reading comic books is bad for children. I think Japanese cartoons are a part of our culture. While there are many bad comic books, there are also many masterpieces.
For example, we all know Doraemon, a Japanese cartoon. When we were children, most of us watched Doraemon on TV and read the cartoon. Doraemon is a part of our childhood memory and it still remains in our heart.
Good comic books teach us about friendship, family love, and so on. And those lessons sometimes help us even when after we grow up.
So I don't think we cannot can say that reading comic books is always bad for children.

I disagree with the statement. Since Osamu Tezuka, a famous cartoonist in Japan, flourished, comics have improved a lot in a short time. His works say something for nature of humanity. For example, in his work “Black Jack” the doctor says “don't you think it is rude to think that we humans can control our lives?” And his works has been loved and admired to now. The robot Atom in “Tetsuwan Atom (Astroboy)”, which was published about 60 years ago, still appears in the commercials about environmental problems. Not only children but also adults can learn much from his works. Now we cannot make light of comics only because they are comics. (115 words)

I disagree with the statement. Since Osamu Tezuka, a famous cartoonist in Japan, flourished, comics have improved a lot in a short time. His works say something for about the nature of humanity (say something for humanity=人類の為に(時には代弁して)何かを言う。又は、something about ---で---について言う。). For example, in his work “Black Jack” the doctor says “don't you think it is rude to think that we humans can control our lives?” And his works has have been loved and admired to this day (又は、until now) now. The robot Atom in “Tetsuwan Atom (Astroboy)”, which was published about 60 years ago, still appears in the (the抜きだと一般的に環境問題のコマーシャル。theが有ると「皆が知って居るあのコマーシャル」的になる。) commercials about environmental problems. Not only children but also adults can learn much from his works. Now we cannot make light of comics only justの方がidiomatic because they are comics.

**********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
ここから先はReading用、清書版
**********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
大事な注:これで完璧では有りません。これに就いては、
http://aoitani.net/Essay_Corrections.html
にて詳しく説明済み。

I disagree with this statement. Children can learn something from comic books. So, as long as children don’t spend too much time reading comic books, comic books could be good for them. I think reading books is good for children, but some children don’t like reading books. However, some of these children like reading comic books. It would be difficult for children who are not accustomed to reading texts to start reading books. But, once they come to like reading comic books, it would be a bit easier for them to start reading regular books. I mean, comic books could help children start reading text-based books. So, I disagree with this statement.

I completely disagree with the statement, mainly because I think comic books are sometimes very beneficial to early education.
First of all, comic books teaches children a large variety of expressions and idioms. Secondly, there're a lot of instructive comics which are good for mental development, like Tezuka-sensei's ones.
Thirdly, contrary to popular belief, I maintain comic books discourage children from committing a crime. This is because there is always an unwritten code in comic books, that is "good guys will win and the evil will perish in the end."
Therefore, I believe comic books do less harm than good for children.

I agree with the statement. In Japan people should take entrance examinations before they enter high schools, universities, or colleges.
Japanese is also examined. But they cannot improve their abilities of
Japanese just by studying it. This is because their abilities of Japanese are formed during their childhood. The ability of Japanese is to imagine the scene when they read sentences. So, children should train to imagine what the sentences say without any pictures. Parents who have children should try to read many books to their children, too. If children get accustomed to reading comic books, they cannot have any chance to imagine the scene by their own efforts.

I don’t deny that comic books have negative impacts on children, such as keeping them away from reading regular books and hence blocking normal development of their reading skills. However, I believe that comic books also have positive impacts. For instance, comic books about history make it easier for them to remember what happened in the past, and thus, they might find it interesting and learn it more eagerly. Moreover, recently I often hear that foreigners, especially children, like Japan because they read some Japanese comic books and got interested in Japanese culture. This means comic books give children opportunities to learn about different cultures and other new things, and I think it is very good for them. Thus, I disagree with the statement.

I disagree with this idea, because reading comic books do children more good than harm. It is true that it is bad to do nothing but read them, but most children don't do that. Moreover, there are many kinds of comic books, such as amusing or educative ones. They can read amusing or exciting stories for a change when they are depressed or sad and can learn about history or culture from comic books about them. When they are small, you often find it difficult to teach them history or culture, but
I'm sure that comic books help children get interested in them more effectively. I disagree with the view that reading comic books is bad for children. I think Japanese cartoons are a part of our culture. While there are many bad comic books, there are also many masterpieces.
For example, we all know Doraemon, a Japanese cartoon. When we were children, most of us watched Doraemon on TV and read the cartoon. Doraemon is a part of our childhood memory and it still remains in our heart.
Good comic books teach us about friendship, family love and so on. And those lessons sometimes help us even after we grow up.
So I don't think we can say that reading comic books is always bad for children.

I disagree with the statement. Since Osamu Tezuka, a famous cartoonist in Japan, flourished, comics have improved a lot in a short time. His works say something about the nature of humanity. For example, in his work "Black Jack" the doctor says "don't you think it is rude to think that we humans can control our lives?" And his works have been loved and admired to this day. The robot Atom in "Tetsuwan Atom (Astroboy)", which was published about 60 years ago, still appears in commercials about environmental problems. Not only children but also adults can learn much from his works. Now we cannot make light of comics just because they are comics.

In a sense, reading comic books may not be so good for children because it may take time away from such activities as studying and playing sports. According to a survey, children who spend a lot of time reading comic books are more likely to develop depression in the future. Also, some people complain that children may be affected by violent or sexual scenes found in some comic books and that it can lead to juvenile crimes. In my opinion, however, reading comic books in itself is not harmful to children. Moreover, comic books are now an important part of Japanese culture, and most of them are wholesome. Therefore, reading comic books is not bad unless children indulge in it to excess.

I disagree with the opinion that reading comic books is bad for children. Some people say children become violent by reading comic books as most comic books include violence. But I think this is false. Children already know what is real or unreal by the time they get to read comic books. So it is unlikely that children become violent by reading comic books. On the contrary, comic books give dreams to children. For example, a famous soccer player Zinedine Zidane is a big fun of “Captain Tsubasa”, one of Japanese stories. It is said that “Captain Tsubasa” made Zidane want to be a soccer player.

**********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
ここから先はNative Speakersの直し
**********************************************************************
**********************************************************************
大事な注:決して間違いを全部直して居る訳では有りません。最低一つの直しを、以下の優先順位でやって貰って居ます。

1. 冠詞
2. 前置詞
3. 単数形・複数形
4. その他

こう言う物を見続ける事で、又そうする事によってのみ、native的な言語感覚が育って来ます。

Native speakersと雖も、うっかりミス等は散見されます。売り物ではないので、そこまでしっかりとは見て居ません。

I do not agree that reading comic books is bad for children. This is because if children read a comic, they can acquire a rich vocabulary. Of course, if they read too many comics, reading them will be a waste of time, but if they talk about their comics with their friends, they will be able to acquire a lot of knowledge. For example, when I was a child, I did not study a lot, but always watched TV. By doing so, I became interested in stories on TV, and came to like reading novels. I think though reading comics and watching TV may seem to be absurd, they are important.
(No corrections - great job!)

I disagree with this idea. I think reading comic books is sometimes good for children.
It is very important for children to read various a variety of books.
Reading a lot of books leads to the healthy growth of children.
However, young people today read only a few books.
It seems that they think reading books is difficult and boring.
Therefore, reading comic books helps children to (though not incorrect, the "to" can be omitted to sound more natural) become familiar with books because comic books are full of easy and fantastic stories.
While they are reading comic books, they probably realize the importance of printed books, which are more deep and interesting.
In this way, children can read more difficult books by using comic books.

I agree with this statement. Because (This "Because" turns this sentence into a sentence fragment. If you want to link the ideas of the first and second sentences together, you can use a semi-colon.) wWhen you read books, you have to imagine what they say, but when you read comic books, you don’t have to do that because you can see pictures and understand the situations. So the more comic books children read, the less imaginative they are. Children should be imaginative and when they are old, they should be able to deal with difficult situations. I think that if they read only comic books, they will do what are given by others only what is given to them and won’t try to do new things when they become members of society.

I disagree with the following this (or: "the given") statement. This is because comic books have played an important role in Japanese culture. Japanese comic books, for example,Doraemon, Dragonball and so on, are popular not only in Japan but also in all over the world. In addition to, it is said that reading comic books develops children’s reading comprehensions. That is why children should get used to them. However, it is true that comic books are said to make children lose their interests in literary books. Comic books cannot expand their imaginations as well as literary books. If comic books prevent children from reading literary books, perhaps children should encounter comic books after they realize the pleasure of literary books.

I disagree with the statement. Reading comic books sometimes has a good effect on children. For example, these days comic books about history are sold and children who do not like reading a textbooks can read comic books easily. Possibly some children may find history interesting and may seize an opportunity to study history. In this case, reading comic books is good rather than bad. I think that if children do nothing but read comic books, it is so bad. However, it is not bad to read in order to relax. In the end, reading comic books is not necessarily bad for children.

I disagree with this statement. I don't think reading comic books is bad for children. It is said that when children start reading one, they become too enthusiastic and often forget to study. Moreover, too violent or sexy ones aren't good not only for children but also for adults. Though it is certainly That being said, there are actually no students who have never read one (this is a bit awkward and wordy) all students have read at least one, and not all comic books are harmful. For example, popular ones are often useful for making friends. Nowadays there are ones related to politics and they lead children to an interest becoming interested in politics. For this reason I don't believe reading comic books is bad for children.

I disagree with that statement. Many people say that reading comic books can deprive children of time to study, but I think comic books can teach us a lot of things. It is because comic books make deep impressions on us which are difficult to forget on us, so we can easily memorize how to read difficult Chinese characters, interesting expressions, scientific knowledge and so on. In fact, I learned many Japanese proverbs by reading comic books, and I was praised by my mother. There is another criticism that comic books sometimes contain violent expressions. As for this, I think children have to learn how terrible violence is. Reading comic books is the best way to serve this purpose because facing real violence is so too shocking for children. For these reasons, I disagree with that statement.

I donʼt think that reading comic books is bad for children. It may matter what is the difference is between comic books and nobles novels or newspapers. It also matters what they have in common. The difference is that comic books have a lot of pictures with the letters text. Nobles Novels and newspapers donʼt have so too many pictures; therefore, children have to imagine the situation. Although this imagination is so important, this is so tough to do. Children can read more comic books because its pictures help them imagine the world of comics. What is common to comic books and other types of literatures is that they make children read letters or words. This makes them grow used to Hiragana and Kanji.

I disagree with this statement. Indeed, if you read only comics, you will lack imagination. But there are some good aspects of reading comics. For example, you can learn Chinese characters without having a difficult time. In addition, there are some effective expressions which only comics can give. So I think it is wrong that you assume comics are absolutely bad for children. However, needless to say, novels also have many good aspects. As I mentioned above, you can cultivate your imagination, because there are no pictures in novels. It is a very important power skill. I think both of novels and comics are good for children. So children should read both of them.

>I don't think that reading comic books is bad for children. Because (Using "because" here causes this sentence to become a sentence fragment.) cComic
> books are very interesting and also they are the culture that is the pride
> of the Japanese people (or: "the pride of Japan"). Japanese comic books are said that they are are said to be the best in the
> world. Many countries admire them and they are published in all the world all over the world.
> Many people in the world read and enjoy them. If we forbid children to read
> them, we will lose one of the Japanese cultures. In order to keep Japanese
> culture, we should carry on pass this culture on to children. So, we shouldn't
> forbid children to read them.

I agree with this opinion. It is true that reading comic books is great fun, but I can't deny that there are many bad points in reading comic books for many hours. I think reading comic books leads to a lack of imagination. When we read novels, we always image imagine the situation and atmosphere. But when we read comic books, there are pictures of them and we don't need to image imagine them. Moreover, comparing comic books with books, comic books have few words apparently. This may lead to a decline of in ability to read words. That's why I think children should read many books than comic books.

I disagree with the statement that reading comic books is bad for children. Some people say that reading comic books makes children fool foolish and reading books makes children wise. However I think that is not the case. I think reading comic books has a lot of good points. For example, we can be moved or get new knowledge by reading comic books as well as reading books. Besides, it is easier for children to read comic books than to read books. But I believe that it is not necessary to encourage children to read comic books because children read many comic books of their own accord.

I disagree with the this (or "that") statement. This is partly because children may be relaxed can relax by reading comic books or enjoy reading comic books when they are tired from studying. In other words, just like other recreations types of recreation, reading comic books excessively is bad for children but reading them moderately in moderation is good for them. And also, I sometimes learn kanji, proverbs and other specific expressions by reading comic books. Moreover, when I was worried about a club activity, a certain comic book gave me a solution about the worry to my problem. As you can see, comic books not only are enjoyable as a recreation but also help to get knowledge and give you a solutions about your worry solutions to your problems.

I don’t agree with this statement. I love comics because there are not only letters not only contain text but also pictures.
I think if you want your children to read many books, you have to tell them how interesting books are.
There are many books in the world and every book is interesting. But some of them are somewhat difficult.
If children read such books, they will think that reading books isn’t interesting and they will avoid reading books.
To avoid this, children should read comics. There are many pictures in comics, so children can imagine easily what happens in the story.
So, I don’t think comics are bad for children.

>I disagree with this view. Indeed, some comic books may have bad effects for on children, or maybe children don’t study hard because they read too many comic books. However, even if comic books have some bad effects, we can say that comic books are good for children. In Japan, there are many good comic books. Some of them deal with ethical or social matters. For Take, for example, ‘Black Jack’, ‘Doraemon’, and ‘Ashita no Joe’ (as written, this was a sentence fragment). These masterpieces teach us what is important for our lives. Moreover, through comic books we can have experiences which that we can’t have in our real lives. That is why I disagree with this view.

I disagree with this idea, because not all comic books are bad for children.
There are comic books that children should read and even adults should do, too.
To give specific details Specifically, I suppose that comic books which contain many violent scenes are bad for children. They can make violence more familiar to children, so this fact is, perhaps, related to the increasing number of juvenile crimes.
On the contrary, comic books which provide children with imagination are good and necessary for them.
It is important for them to read these comic books when they are young, since children can learn a lot of things more flexibly ("flexibly" is OK, but "easily" would be more commonly used in this kind of sentence) than adults can do.
So this statement isn't quite true, and even adults should read good comic books.

> The answer varies from person to person due to different backgrounds. In my opinion, it is too excessive to say so.
>
> Undeniably, comic books are something children are easily addicted to, which will cause bad effects on studying. However, it stimulates the children's imagination and makes them capable of evaluating the society in a different way, also reduces the drawbacks of early exposure to the real society and relieves stress from daily lives.
>
> In addition, reading comic books provides the children with a topic to communicate with peers. It is a good way to develop friendships.
>
> To sum up, all these factors point to an indisputable thought that it is too excessive to say that reading comic books only has disadvantages.

I disagree with the this statement. It seems that children who usually read comic books are foolish. However, they are not always foolish. Moreover some of them are very intelligent. For example, the prime minister of Japan is?said to like comic books. Although some people sometimes criticize him for it, he is so intelligent that he became a prime minister. After all,?the important thing?is not whether or not children read comic books. In my opinion, it is what is wrote written in a comic book. In fact, It is true that some comic books deal with what issues that are foolish, violent, sexual, and so on. But there are many comic books which that teach children important things such as how important a life is.

I disagree with this view. I don't think reading comic books is bad for children because comic books can attract children even if they don't like reading books or studying. For example, it will be hard for children like that to read a biography which is not so very familiar with to them. Then, it will also be difficult to have interests be interested in studying. However, they may be interested in a comic book, for example, which is about the way some person lived. I think comic books can very efficiently (OK, but "effectively" instead of "efficiently" would be better here) lead children to have some interests be interested in studying. There are children who don't like books, but like comic books, so comic books will sometimes be good for them. (116words)

I disagree with this statement. Reading comic books is not usually a waste of time. In comic books, there is often something incredible in a real world or something which you don't think about. By reading them, you are able to image imagine beyond your ability.
For example, when you read a comic book which is drawn about an adventure in space, even if you have not been there, you can image about imagine the place.
Certainly, it is not good that you to spend all the time you have reading them, but, they are worthy to be read because reading them makes your limited view wider. (or: widens your limited view [of life])

I agree with this the statement which that reading comic books is not good for children. Surely, some comic books are worth reading. For example, Osamu Tezuka is a great author, and his comic books are loved by many people, not only in Japan, but also in other countries. But, if you are children a child, you should spend more time not reading comic books but books. Then you will be able to have more vocabulary than people who read only comic books. And you will also be better at imaging ?? imagining scenes only by reading sentences. So I think children should read more books, instead reading comic books.

I disagree with that statement.
I don't think reading comic books is especially bad for children. I think the main bad factor of reading comic books is considered to be the risk of being becoming absorbed in them (if there is only one main bad factor, then you should the following part into a new sentence). Children then may and of stopping doing other things to do such as studying, but such a factor is included in many other activities like listening to music, playing sports and even reading literary works. So, it is wrong to blame only comic books. If you forbid your children to read comic books, you also have to forbid those activities.
It is OK to read comic books if children merely avoid reading too much and becoming being too deeply absorbed in them.

I disagree with this statement. It is true that reading comic books can prevent children from studying what is taught in class. Comic books, however, do not only make us happy or laugh, but also teach us a lot of lessons, which are not taught in class, about what it is like to live in the community. Actually, I still remember many lessons in from the comic books I read when I was a child, and I think that these are more important and valuable than mathematics, physics and so on. This is why reading comic books is not necessarily bad for children.

I don’t agree with this statement. Reading comic books helps children to learn Japanese expressions or and Kanji. Some people may say that children can also learn them by reading books, so they don’t have to take the trouble to read comic books. But now, the number of children who don’t like reading books is increasing. These children often say that they can’t imagine scenes enough by only reading sentences. However, these children can read comic books, because comics consist of pictures, and thanks to that they can understand the (good revision) story more easily than those in books. For those reason, I think comic books have good effect (this is almost gramatically correct ["a" good effect]; do you want this student to phrase her idea differently [like "comic books are beneficial to children"]?) on children.

I disagree with the opinion that reading comic books is bad for children. I believe that reading good comic books is educative for children because through reading comic books, they can increase their vocabulary and improve their reading skills. Some people believe that reading books is more instructive for children than reading comic books, but it is often that reading books is too hard for young children to understand (I agree that this phrase should be revised. Perhaps, "regular books are too hard for young children to understand" or "children have a hard time understanding regular books" would be more suitable.) and they give up reading books. However, comic books contain pictures and their stories aren’t serious, so it is easy for young children to understand the plot. Thus, reading comic books is a good way for young children to improve their proficiency in their mother tongue.

I do agree that reading comic books is bad for children. Actually I was one of its victims. Somebody Some may believe that reading comic books could be a good way to intrigue children's interests on knowledge, and because of that maybe it seemed that children could acquire a good habit of reading books. But the result may be a little bit disappointing. In fact, I used to read comic books, and I believed that I could learn something useful from them. But as a matter of fact, it turned out to be too hard for me to read books full of words. What was worse, I could hardly write a logical article or essay. So from my point of view, I do not suggest think children to should read the (Bill, is this correct? M. AOTANI) (in this case, you would just say "read comic books," without the article "the" attached) comic books.

I think that it depends on the kinds of the comic books children read. Now we can read many comic books. So, naturally there are some comic books which children should not read. However, some comic books can give children instructions. Children should read such books. As these such, comic books’ contents are important when we judge which comic books children can read. However, we must teach children that the comic books’ contents are only imaginary things. I have heard that some children believe that what are is written in comic books is true. It is dangerous that children who cannot tell imaginary things from real things may grow up uninformed. So, we maybe shouldn’t let children read comic books

I disagree with the statement. True, there are some comic books which include bad contents not suitable for children. But in fact, most do not include such contents, rather, include good ones and are beneficial to us. When I am disappointed or want to do nothing, I often read comic books. Then I feel motivated because the main character fights against their difficulties and I identify with him. If there were no comic books, I could would not be able to keep motivation. Children should also read comic books in order to keep it (this depends upon how the author intends to correct the "keep motivation" part in the last sentence. if it were me, I would say "I would not be able to stay motivated" in the prior sentence, and then "Children should also read comic books in order to stay motivated" in the next sentence). So I think that reading comic books is not bad but good for children.

I disagree with the statement. It is because comic books can describe things intelligibly and vividly, and it is useful for children to learn things (learn what?). When I was an elementary school student, I read many comic books. I loved comic books about history. Having read comic books about history, I got deep impression and a lot of knowledge, and I learnt, as the most important thing, that people have different views even when the things which they are watching are the same and that there are is no “right” view about history. Comic books taught me interest and importance of history, and it is a reason why I became a literature student. That is why I disagree with the statement.

I disagree with that statement. It is not bad but very beneficial to read comic books. The reason why I think so is that I also read a lot of comic books in my childhood. And, I learned many things from comic books. It They taught me the? how to gain a sense of humor, how to get along with others, and many other important things. The? (I would phrase it in the plural form, as follows) (Perhaps saying "many cartoons" is better, if you want to say that not all cartoons are beneficial) Cartoons is are a textbooks that is are full of hints for many situations of life. There are many interesting masterpieces that tell us what we should do in difficult times. So reading comics is good for humans, not only children but also adults.

I think reading comic books is not good for children. Though comic books give children a lot of information, some of which should be useful for them, but I know that some things in comic books have a bad influence and they sometimes provide wrong ideas about sex or something like that. Parents have a responsibility to care for what their children are absorbed in. However, it’s limited. Moreover, if children read only comic books, they will depend on pictures to understand the contents and read less writing?? prose (does the author mean the words written in the manga?). They may learn to need pictures or something to help them appreciate the ideas every time they read books.

I disagree with the statement that reading comic books is bad for children. Some people say that it is a waste of time to read comic books. But I donʼt agree with the that opinion, because there are various styles of comic books. Children are willing to read comic books, so they can learn the importance of friendship, bravery, hope, and so on. Indeed, there is a are comic books that has have a bad influence for on children. However, in that case, their parents should pay more attention to them and not to give them such comic books. Then children can learn various, important things, by enjoying comic books.

I think that reading comic books is rather good for children rather than bad.
These days, children often play TV games and few and few of them are reading books.
It is true that there are less letters words and more pictures in a comic book than in a normal book but this is why children can read a (a or the??) (I would say "the" is more appropriate, but the phrase "this is why children can read the story easily" is still a bit awkward. It would be better if the second clause read, "this is why it is easier for children to understand the story when reading a comic book) story easily.
Some comic books are originated from famous normal books such as "Sangokushi", and children may read the original books after reading these comic books.
Thus, comic books will introduce children to read normal books and more and more children will become reading books.

I disagree with this view. That’s because most Japanese children read comic books, but the number of serious accidents caused by reading comic books is small. And reading comic books to some extent reduces our stress. In fact I heard on the news that a man who read too much comic books committed murder. However such persons are exceptional. And we shouldn’t place all the responsibility on only one aspect. All what that you have experienced makes you what you are. So, when we think about the reason for why he comitted the crime, we should consider it from different viewpoints such as family, friends, health, and so on. Therefore, I oppose this view.

I disagree with this statement. Why do some people say that reading comic books is bad for children? It is probably because they assume every comic book is vulgar and full of violence. How ridiculous! There are a lot of comic books whose stories are very moving, and in which whose words are beautiful. You shouldn’t regard good comic books in the same light as bad comic books. That is almost the same as considering every novel is cruel ?? (I would say: "the same as calling every novel cruel" or "the same as regarding every novel as cruel") when you have read only bizarre stories. Comic books and novels are the same things from the viewpoint of the variety of contents (I don't know exactly what she, the writer of this essay, wants.) (I don't know what she's trying to say either. Maybe she means that since comic books and novels each encompass a wide range of genres, they should both be regarded in the same light). Children will properly develop as a person if we let them read fine comic books.

I disagree with the idea that reading comic books is bad for children. Indeed it is not good to read only comic books, but it is important for children who dislike books to read something first. Some children who like books are willing to read and get much more knowledge. However, others, who dislike them, are reluctant to read anything and acquire knowledge. I think that it will be a good opportunity of starting to read something for the latter kind of children to read comic books because comic books include pictures and funny description. Then they may have interests in books and start reading various fields of books.

(108 words)

First, reading comic books develops children’s sensitivities.
It is because some of them are really emotional or humorous.
So, as for me, when I read them, I sometimes cry.

Second, comic books have biographies and nonfictions.
Therefore, if they are books, children may not feel like reading them, but if comic books if they are comic books, they may want to read them.

Third, one of the Japanese cultures is Japanese comic books and we can be proud of them to all over of the world.
So, children should read them, I think.
(105 words)

I disagree with the statement. By reading comic books, children can experience many interesting things they haven’t known so far. Though there are some provocative or violent ones, every comic book has its own “world” and something attractive for children. They can enjoy them as entertainment or works of art. Of course, some say that comic books are bad for children and that they should read literature. However, there are also children who dislike reading novels, but there would be few children who dislike comic books. So, in case children don’t like reading literature, reading comic books is good enough for them.
(102 words)

I disagree with the statement. Of course, reading comic books is a lot of fun, so parents should keep an eye on their children to prevent comic books from distracting them from studying, and actually there are comic books which contain violence and are bad for children. However, in many comic books, main characters try hard to achieve their goals. By reading such comic books, children feel as if they were the characters in the comic books and learn how to make efforts to make their dreams come true. Moreover, today so many children are reading the same comic books, and comic books can give children common subjects when they chat.
(109 words)

>>I disagree with the statement. There are a lot of comic books now and
>>writers are developing their skills every day, so some of their works are
>>masterpieces and worth reading. These books can not only excite children
>>but also teach them very important things. For example, there are comic
>>books which are based on history or famous literature. Children can easily
>>learn them by reading these comics. Some of comic books include violent
>>actions, but children can understand that these actions are wrong doing. I
>>think good comic books do not influence children badly. That's why I
>>disagree with the statement.
>>
>> (102 words)

>I disagree with the statement.
> I think reading comic books is very useful for education because there are
> so many expressions in comic books, and so we are able to get a variety of
> expressions. There is also much knowledge of various genres. And the
> biggest advantage is that we can learn such knowledge with fun. Thanks
> to this, children who who are unwilling to study are able to learn many things from
> comic books.
> However, some comic books are worthless to read or even harmful to
> children. So we are required to select one which is worth to read ? worthwhile, and to
> prevent children from reading such books.
>
> (105 words)

>I don’t think reading comic books is bad for children. Some people say that children who read comic books are more likely to do bad things or even commit crimes, than children who don’t read comic books. This idea comes from the comics in which dangerous, violent scenes are described. I think, however, even if such comic books give children terrible impact give children a bad influence, it is other factor other factors that leads them to bad behavior. For example, parents, schools and the ??(あってもいいが、ない方が自然) society should build up the mood not to do badly not to misbehave moodはおかしいが、それに変わる単語はちょっと思いつかないです, and in that case children won’t do so, even if they read comic books.
>
> (101 words)

I disagree with the idea, because I think some comic books have a good influence on children and they learn a lot from them. For example, ‘One Piece’ is one of the most popular comic books among children in Japan. I think the reason why a lot of their parents don’t make them stop them from reading it is that it teaches them how important it is to keep their promise and care about their friends. On the other hand, some adults claim that reading comic books makes children stay childish. I think they must have never read good ones, and that they should try reading them. That’s why I disagree with the idea. (112words)

I do not agree with the idea that reading comic books is bad for children. I admit that some comic books are not good to read, but I cannot say that all comic books are bad. Some are very interesting and we can learn many things by reading them. For example, the Slam Dunk is very moving and has taught me important things. Another example is comic books about concerning history. I used one when I was studying for the entrance examination. They are easier to read than a textbook, so children can also read them. This is surely good for children.

(100 words)

I do not agree with this statement that reading comic books is bad for children. In my experience, I liked comic books in my childhood, but I do not consider that comic books had a bad influence on me. On the contrary, I could gain wide knowledge by reading them, moreover, I could feel strong emotions in them and I can become a sensitive person.
So reading comic books is sometimes good for children and I do not agree with this statement that reading comic books is bad for children.

(108 words)

>I don't think that reading comic books is bad for children. Actually some comic books may contain wrong things for small children, but I think comic books have a great possibility. Because children even even children who are not good at or don't like reading books can read a lot of stories and learn many things through reading comic books. In addition, there are various kinds of comic books today. So, children can choose their favorite ones by ? in their interests. Such comic books are worth reading for them. Some poeple may not think it can not be a culture may think it cannot be a culture, but children can learn something, so I think it is a kind of culture.
>
> (111 words)

>I disagree that reading comic books is bad for children, because they can learn a lot of things by reading them. Reading comic books as well as watching TV enriches their imagination as well as watching TV. Children can feel things they can’t touch physically. Some people say that reading comic books is bad for literacy of children bad for the children's literacy, but reading comic books is not an activity to improve their literacy. In order to improve their literacy, school has schools have a mother tongue class. Reading comic books has nothing to do with improving literacy. So, since reading comic books inspires children’s imagination, it is not bad for children.
>
> (100 words)
>I don't think it is good for children to read comic books. I know their good points, for example, they make us imaginative because of their fantastic stories and characters. However, it is also true that they have bad effects for on us. When we are reading comic books, we concentrate on them too much and don't try neglect to communicate with other people. Then, we become poor at doing something with others. This is a very serious problem for children because such ability is needed all their lives long and it is childhood it is during childhood that we develop this ability. Therefore, I don’t want children to read so many comic books.
>
> (108 words)
>
I don't agree with this statement. There are three reasons. First, many young writers who have the ability to wright write good novels don't do so and tend to write comic books now. In fact, I know a lot of difficult and exciting comic books. Second, for young children, reading comic books is the best way to learn their language because there are many interesting and easy comic books to read. Third, many parents say that you shouldn't waste your time reading comic books. (青谷コメント:こう書いたら、「many parents say that you shouldn't waste your time reading comic books」つまり、親がそう言う事が三つ目の理由だとなる。順序・切り方がおかしい。) Third, although many parents say that you shouldn't waste your time reading comic books, But, I think that children need to have time to relax, and as long as they are careful not to waste their time, reading comic books is a good hobby. Therefore, I don't agree with this statement.
(121 words)

>I don't think that reading comic books is bad for children. There are
> good stories in comic book in comic books. For example, when your friends are in
> trouble, you should help them. If you help them, they would help you
> when you need their help. Comic books also have the power to influence
> children's life lives.
> For instance, Zidane ,who was a well-known soccer player in France
> enjoyed reading a Japanese soccer comic when he was a child.
> The comic book influenced him to become a soccer player. Then he then became
> a famous soccer player.
> So I don't agree that reading comic book comic books is bad for children.
>
> (105 words)

I disagree with the statement that reading comic books is bad for children. There are two reasons. First, comic books sometimes teach children important things for their life lives.
Recent comic books have been not only funny but also serious. Reading them might be good for children, as reading novels. Second, I think that a comic books is are one of many Japanese cultures. Japanese comic books are very famous in the world for their pictures, stories and so on. Someday children might study comic books in the school ? in school. Some regard reading comic books as the (aそれとも冠詞無し?) a waste of time. They should see the other (the other?単にother?) other aspects of comic books.

(105 words)

>>I don’t think reading comic books is bad for children. When I was a high
>>school student, as Because I was not good at writing, I asked a friend of mine, who
>>liked Japanese, for some pieces of advice. And she recommended me to read
>>more books and also comic books. She said that the amount of the sentences
>>in comic books is limited so it contains just compact sentences. Therefore,
>>we could learn the way of conveying the point of what we want to tell from
>>them. Although I think reading books is more important, we can’t say that
>>comic books are bad for children.
>>
>> (105 words)

I disagree with this opinion for the following reasons. First, it is natural to read easy books first and then read difficult books. So when you are children a child, you had better read easy books. Comic books are one of such books, so reading comic books is not so bad for children. Second, comic books can make children imaginative people imaginative.
Some say books such as a novel can make children such people but comics don’t can't. However, there are interesting pictures in some comic books and there are beautiful pictures in others. Seeing such pictures can also make children become imaginative people. Therefore I don’t agree with this opinion.
(106 words)

➢ I disagree with this statement. > It is important for children to spread widen their knowledge, for example, common sense, natural phenomena, and so on. > However, it is too difficult for them to read specialized books. > Because comic books have many funny pictures and rubies (OK?), children can read them and absorb much knowledge by from them. > Indeed knowledge can be got by asking something of their parents and teachers, but the most effective way to acquire knowledge is to be eager to get knowledge in person by oneself. > Information which they get for themselves has a strong impact on them, so they are inclined to remember much information. > To get different ??different sorts of information, children should read comic books. > > (111 words)

I disagree that reading comic books is bad for children. It is true that some comic books children read contain the scenes which are bad for the aesthetic sensitivity of children, such as the scenes of beating and even killing. However, much of many comic books involve more important another things other more important things in it. For example, some comic books include the coolness (もっと文語的言い方は有りますか?勿論、the importnaceで良いでしょうが、coolの様な言葉では?) coolに変わる言葉は思いつかないですね。of endeavor, the importance of friendship and the beauty of victory. I remember that I was deeply impressed with these things in my childhood. Therefore, I believe that children who read these comic books and are moved by them will become a wonderful adult who knows the importance of endeavor, friendship and victory.
(112 words)

I disagree with the statement. It is because not all comic books are not bad. Some people say that by reading
> comic books children's imagination gets poorer and poorer. It can be true that children read only comic books. However, when children read both comic books and books, children don't get poorer this doesn't happen. By reading comic
> books, children can connect visual information and the to the situations. And, children are very sensitive, so,
> by reading comic books, children are (areそれともbecome) become excited, moved, and perhaps cry. These experiences are very important for the growth of children. Comic books can help children to understand books which they cannot understand without pictures.(103words)

>I disagree with the opinion that reading comic books is bad for children.
> Certainly, some comic books can be harmful for children. However, this is also true of other books.
> For example, children can learn science, medicine, about the persons who are historically important and the rest with comic books which give them educational knowledge. They can also get a better imagination and discover a new world with comic books.
> In my case, I read comic books about science and I became interested in science when I was at in elementary school. Now I belong to the faculty of engineering technology トル. Comic books showed me the course of my life (a correct usage of "the course of my life"こう言う言い方で、the course I should follow in my lifeと言う意味になりますか?). the course I should follow in my lifeの方がよいと思います。元の文は少し違和感があります。
> So, reading comic books is not bad at all but beneficial for children.…...

Similar Documents

Free Essay

Reading

...AP English Literature and Composition 2012 Summer Reading Assignment I. DRAMA Oedipus Rex by Sophocles We are not requiring any particular edition of the play; however, we would highly recommend a version which includes supplemental materials/explanations of Greek drama and Greek mythology. Purchase, read, and annotate the play prior to the first day of class. It would be wise to focus your annotation on instances of dramatic irony, images of vision and blindness, and tension between fate and free will. The following literary analysis assignment will be collected during the second week of school. LITERARY ANALYSIS OF DRAMA In a typed, one-page essay, offer your assessment of Oedipus at the end of the play. Was he foolish? Heroic? Fated? Support with textual evidence as appropriate and follow MLA format. II. READING FOR PLEASURE Read a book—fiction or non-fiction—strictly for pleasure. Strong readers and writers have a wealth of textual experiences and a vast amount of background knowledge from which to draw. The most important aspect of this assignment is that you select a work you will enjoy reading. During the first week of class, you will conduct a book talk over your selected work in which you will “sell” the experience of reading your book to your peers, so pick something good! Some suggestions for selecting your “reading for pleasure” book include, but are not limited to: * Classic works of literature from an era, author, or genre......

Words: 485 - Pages: 2

Free Essay

Reading

...University of Phoenix Material Reading Comprehension Worksheet Respond to the following in 100 to 150 words each: Describe your outcome from this week’s MyFoundationsLab® assignment. The outcome of this week’s MyFoundationsLab assignment was I got all the questions right the first try in Getting the most from your reading. In Concentrating when reading and studying I got one question wrong the first attempt. I went and reviewed the question I got wrong and retook the test again. The reason I got the question wrong in the first place was I got distracted at the moment I answered the question and lost my focus. In the overview of concentrating when reading and studying, I learned about how to build a routine when it comes to reading and studying. Identify the skills you’ve learned this week. How could each of these apply to your academic work? How could each of these apply to your professional work? The skills I have learned this week are creating an outline of the headings and subheadings in the chapter. Writing down new terms and their definitions. I learned to read each section before I highlight any areas. I learned to create study questions out of the headings and subheadings. Describe the reading and comprehension strategies you will employ. How will these help make you a more effective reader? The strategies I will employ will be to study in a quiet location away from distractions. I will read for small blocks of time......

Words: 379 - Pages: 2

Free Essay

Readings

...GRADING RUBRIC/Final Essay: Aspect of Human Experience Instructor: Katie Reed Written Assignment Feedback Form Student/Group Name(s) Course ENG 125/Literature in Society/Reed | Date Dec 11 by 11:59pm Assignment Aspect of Human Experience Literary Research Paper | Content and Development = 9 Points | Points Earned X/9 = | | Additional Comments: | All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way. * Student writes about a specific theme of the human experience conveyed in the assigned readings for the course. * Essay is 1,400 – 1,750 words in length. | | The content is comprehensive and developed. * Student explains the connection or larger theme among 3 different reading selections from the course. * Student includes the use of specific literary devices and quotes from selections to support interpretations and analysis. * Student addresses how the authors and readers create meaning from the text, the role of the imagination in literature. * Student addresses how individual experiences shape interpretations, including self-identity and culture. * Student uses one of the studied criticism theories to analyze the texts/themes: gender, historical, formalist, or reader-response. * Student includes a minimum of two secondary sources as research for the paper. * Major points are stated clearly and are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis. Content is......

Words: 397 - Pages: 2

Free Essay

Reading

...University of Phoenix Material Reading Comprehension Worksheet Respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each: 1. Describe your outcome from this week’s MyFoundationsLab® assignment. I received a master’s score on this weeks “MyFoundationsLab”. I found the material helpful and insightful because it taught me ways to become a better student by improving my study scores. I mostly enjoyed the video parts of it because I feel like I learn the most from them and they are not as boring as always reading the information. 2. Identify the skills you’ve learned this week. How could each of these apply to your academic work? How could each of these apply to your professional work? The skills that I learned from this week that I can apply to both my academic work and professional work are taking notes as I read important material, and how to understand and remember information. Taking good notes will help me in my academics because it will help me put the main points in my reading material in my own words while creating a short version of a study guide for myself. This also helps in a work setting because if I learn something new I can take short hand notes to help me remember all the important aspects of the job. Along with writing the notes I also have to make myself understand the information and retain it. This is the most important skill for me because I often forget things shortly after learning it. When I improve this skill I will be able to recall more......

Words: 429 - Pages: 2

Free Essay

Reading

...exposed to reading at a young age. My earliest reading memory was my mother reading Dr. Seuss books to me when I was four or five. I used to enjoy seeing the pictures in the books more then I liked being read too. I also use to enjoy watching the characters in the books on television. As a kid I was in love with talking animals. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world. The Arthur series was a big influence growing up. I remember one Christmas I got a stack of Arthur books and I was the happiest kid in the world. That whole week my mother would help me read the books and then I would watch the show on television right after. As I grew older, I started to enjoy reading horror books. I also liked horror films and I think that influenced what I liked to read. I really liked the Goosebumps series and could read them all day. I prefer to read about things that interest me. It’s hard for me to read something that doesn’t have my interest. In high school, I rarely read about something that interested me. At a young age, my grandmother would tell me stories about how she grew up in the south and how different the country was as a kid. She would tell me about how segregated it was and all about the civil rights movement and how it was a big part of her childhood. Hearing these stories that my grandmother would tell me made me want to learn more about the civil rights era in the south. A lot of things influenced me to read. When I read, I like to learn new things. Reading for......

Words: 341 - Pages: 2

Premium Essay

Reading

...KTU UŽSIENIO KALBŲ CENTRAS ENGLISH HOME READING CHARGING AHEAD by JONH J. BERGER 2013 KAUNAS Summary (pages 97- 210) From the 10th paragraph of this book the autor talks about PV (photovoltic) industry and it‘s history. The talking begins wiht intruduction with thin films – a new perspective technology which in future can bring PV elements prices down to 30 cents per watt. It‘s said that thin films can be produced in big quantities by robots to reduce their price. Also the author talks about newer more efficient thin films whitch will replace the older thick films. Also there‘s mentioned artificial leaves and polarized thin films – two new great technologies, which in future could make solar power very cheap, relable and good choice for customers. In 11th paragraph he talks about history and lifetime of company Solarex which inevitably was bought by company Amoco. Which makes a lot of consideration because, the owner of Solarex Joseph Lindmeyer, say that Amoco tried to make Solarex bancrupt and bought it at very little price. In 12th paragraph authors talks about PV elements in buildings and how they can supply all the power needs of household. In part 3 author talks about wind power. Firstly he talks about wind turbines history and how wind has helped people throughout centuries. Than he talks about various USA companies that have tried and failed in wind turbines business. Lastly he talks about European leadership in wind turbines sector......

Words: 541 - Pages: 3

Premium Essay

Reading

...Dr. Pedro D. Abanador Problem : Factors Affecting Reading Comprehension of Students Solutions: A. Interactive 1. Story Retelling 2. Story Grammar Training 3. Question-Answer 4. Reading Tutorial 5. Recitation B. Self-Enrichment 1. Inferring 2. Synthesizing 3. Summarization 4. Paraphrasing Strategy 5. Repeated Readings C. Assessment 1. Giving exam 2. Giving assignments 3. Book report 4. Impromptu Speech 5. Story Mapping INTERACTIVE Story Retelling Retelling is a reading skill that demonstrates comprehension. Retelling is the ability to read or listen to a story, then summarize it in paraphrased form. Children begin learning the basics of retelling in kindergarten where teachers start to informally assess the students' overall understanding of a story. Retelling is a useful assessment tool throughout school because it can measure simple to advanced comprehension, as well as help the students improve their listening and speaking skills. Instructions 1. Review retelling strategy. Model it again for those who may struggle. Read a short story aloud to the class, then summarize the important details in the correct sequence. Write each summarizing statement on chart paper. Number the statements so students understand how to retell in the order that events happened. 2. Choose an instructional level text, like a short story from a reading book or a chapter from a novel, that is leveled for......

Words: 7645 - Pages: 31

Premium Essay

Reading

...Reading can be very influential to reader’s life, whether it encourages readers to overcome an obstacle, or it _____. This article comes from a website and is written by the author Cassie Murdock. It discusses how reading can significantly affect the behavior of a person and the views the person has. The researchers, Kaufman and Libby, performed several experiments pertaining to the effects of reading and its "experience taking". "Experience taking" is a term given when readers begin to identify with their favorite character. It means that readers will begin to think and act similar to the way their favorite character will. Although Murdock presents strong points that reading can change someone's life, it should be noted that the extent of this life-changing effect may vary largely, and some people may not even experience it at all. Cassie Murdoch’s, "Do Your Favorite Book Characters Change Your Life?” strongly suggests that a person's behavior and view toward a certain idea can be influenced by reading about his or her favorite character. Kaufman, who performed several experiments regarding the issue, suggests that people tend to mimic their favorite character's thoughts and actions through a process called "experience taking." However, the duration of this effect may depend on how deeply connected the reader is with the specific character. Kaufman believes that this effect will not be prominent if the audience is watching a movie because people often watch movies from......

Words: 856 - Pages: 4

Free Essay

Reading

...EJELE BSE-I Cognitive Factors That Affect Reading Comprehension Reading comprehension refers to the ability of a reader to construct meaning from text. Expected levels of reading comprehension vary throughout a reader's lifespan. When children first learn to read, the emphasis is on understanding the meaning of words and how they form sentences to communicate simple ideas. As children grow into adults, reading comprehension grows to include semantic and symbolic understanding of written text. 1. Decoding and Word Recognition Speed * One cognitive factor that can affect reading comprehension is the speed at which the reader decodes and recognizes words. Decoding refers to the reader's ability to make sense of letter-sound relationships, including proper word pronunciation and noticing common letter combinations, in order to quickly recognize familiar words. Readers who experience difficulty with decoding and recognizing words read at a much slower pace and find it more difficult to comprehend the meaning of reading passages than their peers without decoding difficulties. Vocabulary * Vocabulary breadth can also have an impact on reading comprehension. Readers use decoding skills to figure out the pronunciation and approximate meaning of words they haven't seen before, but this process takes far more time than recognition of a familiar word. Individuals with a wider vocabulary can interpret the meaning of reading passages faster and more thoroughly than......

Words: 379 - Pages: 2

Premium Essay

Reading

...than to jump into another one. Reading gives us a place to go when we want to stay where we are. I like reading because it's like dreaming. Going on an adventure, living a different life, experiencing new things. I love reading and I love my books, their tattered covers, the well-thumbed pages, the intoxicating smell and the smooth feel of the spine. They are my friends, my companions. And book collection is an obsession, an occupation, a disease, an addiction, an absurdity, a fate. It's not just a hobby. My books are my treasure, my gateway to flights of fancy, realms of magic. Open the cover and you fall in. Into the Tartarus of a imagination, of magic. I have just one life but Fiction and Fantasy help me live many. But there's a problem with fiction. It makes too much sense, reality never does. Novels are just for entertainment, they say. You'll never really learn anything from them, they say. But to be honest, there are things the books have taught me my school never could. I sometimes wish I could read in the shower. Also in the dark. Also in my sleep. It sounds like an overstatement but there are times when I find a really good book I can't put down and I read it late into the night and only stop because my eyes start to hurt or my vision goes blurry from either strain or sleep and I have to force myself to put it down and go to sleep. But, in the morning the first thing I do is pick up the book and start reading again until I'm either......

Words: 527 - Pages: 3

Premium Essay

Reading

...Reading comprehension involves two levels of processing, shallow (low-level) processing and deep (high-level) processing. Deep processing involves semantic processing, which happens when we encode the meaning of a word and relate it to similar words. Shallow processing involves structural and phonemic recognition, the processing of sentence and word structure and their associated sounds. There are two elements that make up the process of reading comprehension: vocabulary knowledge and text comprehension. In order to understand a text the reader must be able to comprehend the vocabulary used in the piece of writing. If the individual words don’t make the sense then the overall story will not either. Children can draw on their prior knowledge of vocabulary, but they also need to continually be taught new words. The best vocabulary instruction occurs at the point of need. Parents and teachers should pre-teach new words that a child will encounter in a text or aid her in understanding unfamiliar words as she comes upon them in the writing. In addition to being able to understand each distinct word in a text, the child also has to be able to put them together to develop an overall conception of what it is trying to say. This is text comprehension. Text comprehension is much more complex and varied that vocabulary knowledge. Readers use many different text comprehension strategies to develop reading comprehension. These include monitoring for understanding, answering and......

Words: 835 - Pages: 4

Free Essay

Reading

...5 Reading, Writing, and Speaking in Mathematics As teachers of mathematics, we sometimes forget that the words and phrases that are familiar to us are foreign to our students. Students need to master this language if they are to read, under­ stand, and discuss mathematical ideas. -Thompson & Rubenstein Thompson and Rubenstein were referring to the issue of language and mathematics learning in mainstream classrooms. They state vocabulary or the fluent use of terminology is a necessary condition for overall mathematics achievement. If the learning of mathematics is highly dependent on its language and the teaching of math vocabulary is crucial, it is doubly so for ELLs. English language learners in secondary schools should have many opportunities to communicate their mathematical ideas and questions. Talking and writing about their mathematical thinking helps ELLs build word knowledge and oral expression and clarify their thinking. Discussions with the teacher or peers are also useful monitoring tools for teachers. Through listening and recording student conversations and peer problem solving, teachers can monitor individual student progress. Mathematics is no longer viewed as isolated, individualistic, or competitive. Mathematics problems are ideally suited to cooperative group discussions because they have solutions that can be objectively demonstrated. Students can persuade one another by the logic of their arguments. Mathematics problems can often be solved by......

Words: 3416 - Pages: 14

Free Essay

The Reading

...Reading Reading, like writing helps come to ‘know’, to compose meaning. In college, reading assignment assume that you have to read critically. A critical reader reads with a questioning mind, open to new ideas but careful to recognize when information is distorted because it is incomplete. A critical reader also recognizes when material is slanted to manipulate the reader improperly, or is based on incorrect information. If you understand the reading process, you can effectively meet the demands of critical reading. Did you ever ask yourself the question “Why is reading important?” but I can sure that your heart have answered in favor on reading. Reading is like providing the mind with nourishment. Knowledge is the food for the mind and soul. Apart from giving us the basic information about the world around us, it also provides us with the food for thought. It encourages us to think. It increases our hunger for knowledge and our thirst to learn more. During the archaic, reading was limited to books. But for nowadays, encompasses reading on the web. We have some very good sites providing their readers with reliable information. . Reading from the Internet is an easy option for one and all. Reading from the web does not undermine the cheerful one can get from reading books. We are introductory to the thought of reading at a very early age. It remains with us in different forms throughout our life. School-life starts with books. Books are our close companions in the youth....

Words: 2089 - Pages: 9

Premium Essay

Reading

...F Reading Strategies Worksheet Identify two reading goals, one short-term and one long-term. * Long-term reading goal: To learn to enjoy reading Short-term reading goal: Read and understand all of the readings for my classes Write a 100- to 150-word response to each of the following questions: * How do you currently approach the weekly readings in the course? I approach the weeks readings by previewing it early in the week. Then going back over it when a discussion question is asking for input on what was read. I do this to give more detail and convert it to my own words. Then depending on what the assignment is I will go back over it again to make sure that I have a complete understanding of it. I also refer back to the readings while doing my assignments to make sure that what I am answering is correct. How might you incorporate three of the suggestions covered this week into your study time? I plan on reading the first and last sentence in each paragraph and paying attention to words listed in bold and italics. I do this to an extent now but I plan to do it more in the future as it has helped me to understand what the readings are about and grasp what is trying to be taught. I also plan on setting goals for myself for the weekly readings since I do not like to read. These will help me to achieve my academic goals I have set for myself. How might this plan help you accomplish your reading goals? This plan will help me get my readings......

Words: 354 - Pages: 2

Premium Essay

Reading

...Extensive Reading: Why? and How? Timothy Bell timothy [at] hsc.kuniv.edu.kw Kuwait University ------------------------------------------------- Abstract An extensive reading program was established for elementary level language learners at the British Council Language Center in Sanaa, Yemen. Research evidence for the use of such programs in EFL/ESL contexts is presented, emphasizing the benefits of this type of input for students' English language learning and skills development. Practical advice is then offered to teachers worldwide on ways to encourage learners to engage in a focused and motivating reading program with the potential to lead students along a path to independence and resourcefulness in their reading and language learning. ------------------------------------------------- Introduction: The Reading Program An extensive reading program was established at the British Council Language Center in Sanaa, Yemen. An elementary level class of government employees (age range 17-42) was exposed to a regime of graded readers, which was integrated into normal classroom teaching. Students followed a class reader, had access to a class library of graded readers, and had classes in the British Council library, which gave them access to a collection of 2000 titles. Questionnaires were used to examine students' reading interests, habits and attitudes, both prior to, and following the program. The class library contained 141 titles in the published readers of some major......

Words: 3076 - Pages: 13